Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Weigh In Wednesday




This isn't going to be pretty.

Shannon's starting weight: 218
previous weight: 218.8
current weight: 219.8
weekly gain/loss: +1
overall gain/loss: +1.8

Honestly, I thought that was going to be a lot worse. I knew I would have a gain this week, as I've done nothing as far as exercising goes. And I've slacked on getting my 6 glasses of water each day.

I'm quickly losing the motivation to do this... it's like, the weight isn't coming off so why even bother?

I know that's not the attitude to have, but it's how I'm feeling right now. Somehow, I need to find a way to get this weight loss endeavour going.

~Shannon

Alright, Angie here and I'm almost afraid to post my results for this week, especially in light of the fact that I've done nothing but complain about EVERYTHING to Shannon for the last week. Gulp...here goes.

Angie's Starting Weight: 221.4
Angie's Previous Weight: 221.6
Angie's Current Weight: 220.2
Weekly Gain/Loss: -1.4 lbs
Overall Gain/Loss: -1.2 lbs

Ok, let's review the things I did right this last week. I religiously kept up with my food intake on my Droid App for Sparkpeople. I'm telling you, that accountability has been great for me. I tried to maintain my water intake, especially since I had a delicious Peach Margarita with dinner the other night & have enjoyed a couple of Cokes. I did not exercise, but my music classes were very active this week and I ended up doing some other activities that exerted more energy than I realized. I am both stunned and thrilled with a loss this week, especially since "Aunt Flo" paid a visit, but hey, I'll take it!

For the next week, I want to continue with tracking my food intake and try to get in a workout. And I want to work out a schedule with Shannon for us to get in some exercise together. Now that school & work schedules aren't holding us back, we have no excuse not to fast track some progress on this project!

Until next week!

5 comments:

Brandy@YDK said...

i'm really sorry. motivation is hard to find.

Unknown said...

I just found your blog and I am going to be here to cheer you on! I am 53 and have over 100 pounds to lose.

In March of 2012 we are taking my grandson, Luke, to Disney World for his 5th birthday. It is my goal to lose 70 pounds by that time so I can keep up with him and not slow the rest of the family down.

Since Luke and the Disney trip are my biggest motivations right now, my mantra is "Dieting 4 Disney, Losing 4 Luke!"

Shannon and Angie, I am in there with you girls!!

Charlene
Mobile, AL

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Ugh! I am sorry. Finding motivation - it's hard to find it to start - and sometimes even harder to find it to keep going. For me, I found the plan that works. The weight comes off and I am not hungry. That keeps me motivated to not cheat. I know you don't like my plan - but have you thought about trying it - just for a bit to see if it might give you the jump start you are looking for??

Angie said...

Shannon, I soooooo know how you feel. When the progress just isn't there, it's so easy to lose our motivation, throw in the towel and just resign ourselves to this unhappy place that we've gotten ourselves into. I'M NOT GOING TO LET US DO THIS TO OURSELVES!! We CAN do this and now that school is out, we are going to get together regularly to work out. We are going to work on our food issues together and we are going to beat this!

I think Kat brings up a great idea. Maybe a jumpstart would be a wonderful thing and just what you need to see some quick results and regain momentum. I honestly thought about doing the 2 week jumpstart for the Flat Belly Diet again. And I will if I start to see negative results again.

Do NOT lose hope! We have so many people cheering us on and taking this journey with us. WE CAN DO IT!!

XOXO

Angela said...

Good morning ladies! Just stopping by to say you CAN do this! I will be right here with you trying to lose my pregnancy pounds ( and the extra ones I gained AFTER delivery, grrrrr!) and cheering you on!

I have learned that at least for my body, dieting alone wont do it. So I have been walking and starting back on the Jillian michaels shred and am hoping that will do the trick. It is aunt flo week here so I may not push as hard as last week but I am still trying to get in 30 minutes a day most days. I am also going to try food journaling and see if that will help me as it has Angie.

YOU CAN DO THIS! Don't give up! Hugs!