Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Weigh In Wednesday



Wednesday is here again!

Angie took a sabbatical, so now that she's back, let's see what's up.

Angie's Starting Weight: 221.4
Angie's Previous Weight: 216.5
Angie's Current Weight: 217.4
Weekly Gain/Loss: +.9 lbs
Overall Gain/Loss: -4.0 lbs

Stress........is a bitch. To be honest, I am stunned that I didn't gain more than that in the 3 weeks since my last weigh in. I'm a stress eater and if there's one thing that's been in abundance in my life for the last month is STRESS. My hubby had major surgery last week (following months of serious pain), our old house (that our renters abandoned) still sits on the market, and my job situation is less than desirable at the moment. STRESS!!! I think the only reason I didn't gain more is from the sheer fact that I've been so busy & exhausted that I just didn't have time to eat. But, when I did eat, I only chose from the candy or carb food groups. I wish I could say that I have a sunny outlook and intend to change things this week, but I'm not hopeful to be perfectly honest. Pardon me while my one woman pity party goes to cry in the corner. I'll try to bring a better attitude to the party next week. Sigh.



Here's Shannon!

Shannon's starting weight: 218
previous weight: 220.4
current weight: 218.8
weekly gain/loss: -1.6
overall gain/loss: +0.8

A loss this week, woohoo!  I'm heading in the right direction. 

With that being said, I've decided to make a new goal for myself.  I'm down to just 2 months before my trip (62 days, to be exact!) and there is no way I can lose 40 lbs by the end of August.  It's rather disheartening to see my ticker at the bottom of this blog not move to the right and to see that big 40 staring back at me.  So I've decided to change my goal to losing 20 lbs before I leave.  I'm still going to keep my starting weight the same, which means my new stats are:

Shannon's starting weight: 218
current weight: 218.8
weekly gain/loss: +0.8
overall gain/loss: +0.8

My goals for this week are to keep logging my meals and start focusing on portion control.  I also need to start being more active, so I'm making my goal to get in some type of workout 3 times this week.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Angie: I know it's hard, but don't beat yourself up! Things WILL get better. Maybe not overnight, but they will.

We've got 2 months left... WE CAN DO THIS!

Angie's Spot said...

Woo hoo!! Congrats on the loss! And I think it's great that you've revised your goal to the 20 lbs. It's definitely do-able. I've talked with several friends in the last week who thanked us for emphasizing logging meals. It is eye-opening and helpful in keeping a check on portion control. You go girl!

And I know my attitude sucks at the moment. A very wise friend told me once that people who have a lot of weight to lose feel very out of control (um, YES) and it tends to spill over into every aspect of their life (um, YES YES). He struggled with his weight for YEARS and ended up losing over 200 lbs and now looks amazing and things are going so great for him. He's really an inspiration to me and I'm trying to find my way again. For me, it's not even the 40 lbs number staring me in the face, it's the 90 that I need to lose overall. I'm having trouble with the race at hand because all I can focus on is the finish line for the overall marathon.