Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Shannon's story...

I began to put on weight during my freshman year of high school.  Up until then I was a pretty active kid.  But once I got into high school, other things (friends, part-time job, studying, etc) took over my time and getting enough exercise just wan't on the agenda.

After graduation, the next few years saw my weight fluctuating here and there.  I'd gain some, then lose some.  I got married when I was 21, and by then my priorites were my job and new husband.  Exercise was the farthest thing from my mind.

I became a mom for the first time at age 24 and gained about 30 lbs with my first pregnancy.  Over the next year and a half I managed to lose about half the weight I put on... and then I got pregnant with my second child.  This pregnancy I think I gained 20 to 25 lbs.

My kids are now ages 10 and 8 and I've continued to put on weight throughout the years.

My size has never really bothered me.  Nor has my weight or the size of my clothes.  When I looked in the mirror, I saw a cute girl, albeit a chubby one.  But cute, nonetheless.

However, my body-perception has recently changed.  I'm not sure what happened, but just this week, for the first time while looking in the mirror, I no longer like what I see.

I no longer see a cute girl... I see flabby arms, a double chin, stomach rolls, and back fat.

So when Angie approached me with the idea of starting this blog, it could not have come at a better time.

I have exactly 4 months and 4 weeks until my trip to Disney World.  I've decided my goal is to lose 2 lbs per week... making 40 lbs the amount I want to lose by 9/2/2011.

So here goes!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Yay you!! And yay me!! It's really kind of freakish how much we're on the same wavelength with thoughts. So, I totally believe that we will be successful in this adventure together! Go girl!