Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Weigh In Wednesday




Time for our weekly weigh in!

Angie is a little bummed this week because it feels like I'm moving in the WRONG direction like a speeding train. I didn't get in any workouts, but I did increase my water intake. Clearly, the latter wasn't enough to make anything happen. Here are my stats for the week.

Angie's Starting Weight: 221.4
Angie's Previous Weight: 221.8
Angie's Current Weight: 223.8
Weekly Gain/Loss: +2.0 lbs
Overall Gain/Loss: +2.4 lbs

See what I mean? Alright, enough is enough. I am starting the Couch to 5K program tomorrow to see if I can turn this ship around. Shannon found us this AWESOME widget for our phones that keeps up with how much water we're drinking and chimes at us when we haven't had enough throughout the day. I love accountability!! I'm going to work hard on changing my bad attitude and finding the right attitude to start making some things happen. I know I can do it. Now, I just need to do it!



After 2 weeks on this weight-loss endeavour, here are my stats:

Shannon's starting weight: 218
previous weight: 214.8
current weight: 216.4
weekly gain/loss: +1.6
combined gain/loss: -1.6

Well, I gained back half of what I lost last week. Considering I only got in one workout, I guess this isn't too bad! But I really need to work on finding time to get in a workout, whether it's walking the track in the mornings or using the Wii.

On the flip side, I have had success in drinking more water. I haven't quit Coca-Cola altogether.... there's no way I could give it up 100%. But I've decreased my daily Coke intake to just 1 or 2 a day. Considering I usually drink 3 or 4 Cokes a day, decreasing to just 1 or 2 is a big step for me. I've also downloaded an app to my phone that helps me keep track of how many glasses of water I drink each day. Since I always have my phone with me, seeing the little water glass icon has been a very helpful reminder of how much water I've had (or not had). I've been using the app for a few days, and have drunk 4 to 6 glasses of water each day!

As with last week, my goal for the next one is to get in at least 3 workouts and to continue with increasing my water intake. I am determined to have a loss for next week!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

As I said earlier... we just need to put this past week behind us!

Here's to a new week and a new attitude!!!

Angela said...

You will get there! Baby steps! I took my first real walk the other day post-pregnancy and it kicked my a$$. We walked 1.5 miles through the neighborhood hills and I pushed the stroller, and every part of me was sore the next day! But I am determined to get back in shape. We are finally getting a little more sleep and it's enough to make walking at least possible. So I have no more excuses to at least walk. Wish me luck!

Hugs girls!