Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Weigh In Wednesday



Once again, it's time for our weekly weigh-in:

{Due to the sever thunderstorms and tornadoes that ripped through our area Wednesday (therefore causing Angie's house to lose power for 2 days!) she has not yet had a chance to update her weekly info} **I finally got my update in! Check it out below!

I'll admit to having much trepidation about getting on the scale this morning. I knew there would be a gain, and I was right:

Shannon's starting weight: 218
previous weight: 216.4
current weight: 217
weekly gain/loss: +0.6
combined gain/loss: -1

Needless to say, I'm pretty bummed to have only lost ONE pound after three weeks. I'm sure my weekly gain could have been worse than what it was. It didn't help that I only managed to get in one workout, and I was all set to blame my gain on the Easter candy and birthday cake I gobbled down this weekend. But I think I've realized it's the choices I make when it comes to food that I need to focus on. I didn't have to eat handfuls of chocolate over the weekend. I didn't have to indulge in two pieces of cake.

On a more positive note, I've done well with continuing to cut back on soda and drink more water. My goal is to have 6 glasses of water a day, and I'm proud to say (thanks to the "water widget" on my phone and a new water bottle) I've met this goal every day for the last week except once!

It's time for me to buckle down and get serious about losing weight. Goals for this week: keep up with my water intake and get in 3 workouts!

Hello all! Phew, it's been quite a week around here. First, let me say just how thankful I am that all of my friends & family are safe after a trio of tornadoes ripped through our city on Wednesday. And I'm even more thankful for the kindness of others. I found out this week who I can really rely on in a crisis and appreciate all of the voicemails, emails & texts I had waiting for me on my phones when we finally came up for air. So, with that, let's get down to some weigh-in business!

Angie's Starting Weight: 221.4
Angie's Previous Weight: 223.8
Angie's Current Weight: 223.1
Weekly Gain/Loss: -.7 lbs
Overall Gain/Loss: +1.7 lbs

Yay for finally moving in the right direction!! Last week saw a lot of progress. I increased my water intake to 8 glasses a day and cut out as many caffeinated drinks as possible. I got in 2 big workouts and taught double my class load, which made up for missing that 3rd workout. I started the Couch to 5K program, but discovered on Day 2 that my right ankle/achilles tendon is not doing well. So, no more running for me. I'm doing brisk walking and trying out spinning again. CARDIO!!! I feel good about my progress, but now want to focus on the food side of things, which is my biggest problem. Portion control doesn't exist in my world and I'm a horrible snacker.

So, my goals for this week are to get in 3 workouts by the end of Tuesday and start a food journal to track my eating habits. That's helped tremendously in the past. See y'all next week!

7 comments:

Fiona said...

You can do it! It's hard work to lose weight, you really have to be committed. Just think of all the photos of you and your family at Disneyworld that you'll be looking at for the next 50 years. You want to look good in them!

Brandy@YDK said...

don't get discouraged. You are definitely on the right track.

Angela said...

You are making positive changes and that is what matters! Don't focus on a gain that small; could just be fluid retention. Just keep up the positive changes and be proud of them! I mentioned in my comment to angie's post that I will be starting my own diet here soon to lose this baby weight. So you will not be alone in your commitment to making changes!

Craftcherry said...

I hope everything gets back to normal at Angie's soon!
You are making some great changes and that's the first step!! Good luck this week!

Angie said...

I'm super duper proud of the progress that you're making! Increasing the water intake is a hard thing to do and reducing the Cokes is even harder, but you've done it and I tip my hat to you!! Let's go walking this week. I'll come up to your track or we can meet at Riverpark or something. Let's get out and work off some weight! You go girl!

And thanks so much for checking in on us this week and offering up your house for us to have a functioning place to hang out. If I haven't said it lately, I'm so glad that we've reconnected and that I can call you my BFF. You rock! And we're totally kicking Atlanta's butt on Thursday! Holla!!

Shannon said...

Angie: Yay for going in the right direction! And for getting in 8 glasses of water in a day. I've only set 6 as my goal... yesterday and today I've had a hard time meeting that goal. UGH. But tomorrow is another day... I will get back on track!

Walking this week sounds great!

Jessi said...

You realize what you need to do and that's already on the right track! Water is a huge hurdle for me as well. I am finally up to 7-8 glasses a day from about 0. Seriously. I hate water and it makes me gag so the fact that I've been drinking 8 glasses a day for 2 weeks is AMAZING. Just keep up the great mentality and you will achieve your goals!