Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Weigh In Wednesday


This is our very first Weigh In Wednesday post and I think we're pretty excited about it!

We each have a weight tracker at the bottom of the page that will help us keep tabs on our progress. But, I think we both feel like doing a weekly post will keep us invested in our goals and our eye on the prize! So, let's get to some results!

Angie's Starting Weight: 221.4
Angie's Current Weight: 221.8
Gained: .4 lbs

I'm not exactly thrilled about a gain, but I feel like I'm making progress, even if it's baby steps. I want to get in 3 workouts before next week and drink more water.


After the first week on this weight loss endeavour, here are my stats:

Shannon's starting weight: 218
Shannon's current weight: 214.8
gain/loss: -3.2

I wish I could say this loss was due to my diligent hard work, but, unfortunately, it isn't.  I've been sick the last few days, a sore throat being my major ailment.  So not only have I not had much of an appetite, I haven't felt like eating much because of my throat.  And the only exercise I've managed was one morning walk and an afternoon of housework before illness took over.

One thing I have been able to do over the last week is decrease my daily Coke intake.  A big step for this self-described Coca-Cola addict!

Hopefully I'll be on the mend soon and able to get back on track with exercising.  Like Angie, my goals for this week are to get in 3 workouts and drink more water.

4 comments:

Angie's Spot said...

As a Coca-Cola addict also, I know how hard it is to wean yourself off it. I'm so proud of you for decreasing your intake! Let's celebrate small victories!

Brandy@YDK said...

i hope y'all lose lots of weight! feel free to link up the blog on my fat ass friday

Patty said...

i love reading blogs like this. it inspires me, as i have been in a constant struggle to lose the baby weight... for 2+ years!

i used to be a coca-cola addict also, and always hated the empty calories i drank. a good friend talked me into trying diet cherry dr. pepper for one solid week. and since then, it is all i drink. the taste is far from "diet", and has permanently replaced the red coke cans in my fridge for about 6 months now. if you haven't tried it already, it's worth a shot.

Fiona said...

You go girls! I'm on the weight loss bandwagon too, so I hope we can all encourage each other :)